A GYPSY’S CHECKLIST TO COACHELLA 2015
Happy Spring Break! Spring is here and Coachella is near! We’re stoked on warm weather that got us whippin’ out our itty-bitty bikinis. April is just around the corner, so let’s prepare a quick checklist that will get us ready for festival season.
Coachella is the perfect place where House of Au+ORA girls love to flaunt their bodies, show off their boho chic outfits and dance under the desert sun.
This festival season we’re on that 70’s vibe. With a bohemian aesthetic channeling our inner free spirit, this trend takes the throne for Coachella’s laidback Southern California style.
We’re talking bell bottoms, bell sleeves, off-the-shoulder peasant crop tops, high-waist denim shorts, bold & bright patterns, ankle booties & platform sandals, and crochet EVERYTHING. Don’t forget to get groovy with oversized circle shades to perfect the look.
As much as we love soaking up the sun and dancing away in the desert, the weather can get real hot. Standing in the sun at the Outdoor or Main Stage in 90 degree weather isn’t always a good time. We want to stay cute and still have fun in the blazing sun. Let’s not sacrifice looks for comfort, but I mean wearing a battery operated misting fan is awesome, right? So here are some tips for looking hott while staying cool at Coachella:
• Sunscreen // Zinka is amazing because it protects your skin and doubles as face paint. Put Zinka under your eyes or on your forehead to add to the ultimate festival look.
• Organic Sunscreen // We’re obsessed with Loving Naturals Clear Vegan Sunscreen because it contains certified organic ingredients! This vegan sunscreen is 100% Organic & Chemical Free, as well as Cruelty & Gluten Free. Not only is it 30+ SPF, but it also leaves a nice glow on your face! Pick up a bottle and you’ll definitely thank us.
• Rose Water // We swear on rose water because it’s natural and has so many benefits. This DIY rose water is super simple and easy to make. Put your rose water into a little spray bottle and mist onto your hair, face and skin when you want to freshen up at Coachella. Rose water is so rejuvenating and smells so good, you don’t want to be without it. It will set your make up through out the day, soothe your skin in dehydrating conditions, and give your skin a glowing look. Even better, it’s beneficial for your skin!
• Swimwear // Bring some of our bikinis to mix and match with your outfits. When it gets too hot, take off your shirt and flaunt your bikini top. Our Magical Mystery Tour Bikini top in the Herbdaze print with denim shorts would be the perfect combo; sexy, yet still laidback.
• Stylish Hats. Panama hats are a must-have. We love throwing on an oversized brim hat to go with our boho chic outfit. Every trendy girl needs one of these.
• Stay Hydrated // This is an obvious while you’re in the desert. Coachella is awesome because they offer free refill water stations. Drinking plenty of water will keep you from dehydration, so you can keep partying! Speaking of partying… a nice cold beer is HEAVEN when it’s blazing outside. If you’re legal to drink, go into the Beer Garden to satisfy your thirst.
• Sunnies // Sunglasses are HIGHLY recommended. They make every outfit cuter while protecting your eyes. Pack some inexpensive sunnies because there is a chance a pair can get broken or lost while you’re frolicking around Coachella.
Duh, we’re all going to be on Instagram posting epic photos of ourselves having a blast at the festival. But you know what would be cooler and more official than an Instagram post? An INSTANT CAMERA!!! Check out Fujifilm Instax Film Camera. It’s so cute, small and handy. It would fit perfectly in your purse and people would be oh so jealous of those film photos.
Coachella is the perfect place for Au+ORA girls to run wild and free, be soulful and adventurous, and to express ourselves through our own unique style. Have at Coachella, sun gypsies! We hope to see you there!
By: April Huynh
House of Au+ORA