Winter Fijian Getaway
With fall already here, and winter approaching us, the opportunities for going to the beach and strutting your favorite swimsuit are diminishing. That’s why for your fall break or winter break, the idea of going somewhere where it is swimsuit weather sounds amazing! While we are going through a cold and rainy season, some countries in the tropics and on other side of the world are going through their hot months! One of these places is Fiji, here are the top 5 reasons why you should take a trip to this magical oasis! With it’s over 333 islands, there is sure to be one that awakes all your senses!
- Weather: Fiji has a tropical climate and it relatively warm all year long! The dry seasons run from June to October, with highs of 84 and the wet season runs November through April, with highs of 88.
- Swimsuits: Forget wearing your sweatpants and scarf, going to Fiji is the perfect opportunity to wear your House of AU+Ora swimsuit and pack all your cute dresses and sandals that you tucked away when summer was over.
- Beaches: Fiji is home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches! Kadavu is one of the small towns of Fiji and is home to the world famous Great Astrolabe Reef, which is great for diving and snorkeling.
- Hiking: The Island of Teveuni in Fiji is known as the Garden Island, with its abundance of native plants and wild life. This island offers amazing hiking trails and is known for its world class bird watching, it is home to about 100 different species!
- Food: The Island of Nadi is one place that everybody visits. It has amazing shopping and great places to eat. One of Fiji’s most popular dishes is called Kokoda which is Fiji’s version of ceviche. The island usually uses fish, such as mahi mahi, and a dressing made from coconut cream with onions, lemon, salt and chili peppers.
– Chelsea Tano